Sunday, August 23, 2009

A few of my favorite things...

Probably my most favorite thing is also the most obvious thing...cake! I LOVE baking & decorating cakes for friends, family & perfect strangers :) It's my FAVORITE!!! I love any kind of cake! Fancy schmantsy or plain jane, cupcakes or large cake - I'll attempt just about anything. So, now that you know I thouroughly enjoy all things cake you also need to know I enjoy baking / cooking in general. Along w/ cake I love decorating cookies & brownies & am just recently attempting something I saw on another blog...cake pops! I've just gathered up all the items I need for this sure to be fun project - I'll let you know how they turn out!
We have a HUGE pear tree in our front yard that hasn't produced any fruit the last couple of years but this year we have quite a few so I made my very first batch of pear butter this past week. I was so excited when I discovered that all of my jars sealed - yay me!

As far as non - food related interests go I like to scrapbook, go 4-wheeling w/ my husband. I love to swim & play w/ my niece & nephew (who I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of on here). I also love being involved w/ the music department at our church & work in our teen program on Wednesday night. I play the piano just for fun & relaxation & am always excited when I figure a new song out. I have the most amazing friends & family in the whole wide world & my husband is just the best!

Janetta's Cakery got started by a friend of mine who decided I needed a group on Facebook so she created one for me & gave it this name for fun & it stuck...I like it, it has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

I can't wait to get started so here we go...

You will find pictures & documentions of my adventures on this site...I hope you enjoy my journey!

Janetta

No comments:

Post a Comment