Monday, August 24, 2009

Pear Butter...



Here is the pear butter I made this past week. It is sooooooo YUM!!! I used :

pears

orange juice

nutmeg

cinnamon

water.

I boiled the pears down in about an inch or two of water until they were soft & put them in a blender w/ about 1/4 cup of orange juice & 1/4 tsp nutmeg. When them mixture was too thick for the blender to blend I started adding water - couldn't tell you how much I had to add, these pears were very dry. After the mixture was blended I poured it back into the pot I boiled the pears in & heated the mixture up. When I tasted my creation (before it got too hot) I decided it was missing something so I added a few dashes of cinnamon. This did the trick! I let it heat back up to almost boiling. I boiled my lids & rings & washed my jars in hot water. When the pear butter was ready I used a ladle & scooped it into the jars. I put the rings & lids on straight from the boiling water & turned the jars upside down to seal. By the next morning they all were good to go in the cupboard! I only worked up 1/2 my pears since this was my first try. It made about 4 & 1/2 pints.

No comments:

Post a Comment